From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU] On
Behalf Of Gregg
Sent: 26 July 2011 11:14
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Dynamic reconfiguration when IOCP says NOTAPRT for LPAR

DynIO does not have the construct of NOTPART (or a null partition) on
either the chpid or iodevice commands, partitions are explicit.
Assuming the chpid is shared or spanned, see CP MODify ADD_partition
for chpids or ADD  PAR for iodevice.

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 5:21 AM, Crispin Hugo <crispin.h...@macro4.com>
wrote:
> I have specified a set of I/O devices (DASD) as NOTPART in IOCP to a
> particular LPAR
>
> Is there a way to alter this with dynamic reconfiguration ?
>
> Should I have had LPAR name in candidate list so I could change it
> later?
>
> I am tying to set up an LPAR for DR testing that only has the DASD etc
> that it needs for that test. The devices assigned to the LPAR would be
> changing very often.
>
> Any suggestions would be welcome.
>

> Crispin Hugo
> Systems Programmer
> Macro 4 Limited
>
> Direct Line: +44 (0)1293 872121, Switchboard: +44 (0)1293 872000, Fax:
> +44 (0)1293 872001
>
> A Division of the UNICOM Group of Companies
> www.macro4.com
>

> -
> This email has been scanned for all known viruses by the MessageLabs
Email
> Security Service and the Macro 4 internal virus protection system.
> .

Gregg Reed
"No Plan, survives execution"

-