On Thu, Dec 8, 2022 at 11:52 AM Jim Fenton <fen...@bluepopcorn.net> wrote:

> >> I think a checkpoint / review is a good goal for the group.
> >>

> > This seems like something reasonable and easy to add.
> >
> > Any objections?
>
> I’m fine if the revision to best practices is scoped to the replay
> problem. This was presented to dispatch as a narrowly scoped problem
> statement, and the rechartering result was decided on that basis. If this
> were to evolve into a “let’s think about DKIM best practices” more
> generally, it will get bogged down.

I've synthesized the feedback to date into a new update to the charter
text.  It calls out the order of operations the group seems to prefer, and
makes explicit the possible output of a "best practices" update.  Let me
know if this is a step in the right direction or the wrong one.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-dkim/

Note that the next IESG telechat with room on it won't be until the new
year at this point, so this won't advance before then.

-MSK