> Even so, we as an organization have NO claim on the future of the "Internet
> Architecture", whatever that is.

I strongly disagree.  IETF essentially "owns" the Internet Protocol
specification and has change control over it.

> A small group individuals with a cute idea can have dramatic impact,
> no matter what the IETF thinks.  Witness WWW and NAT.

no argument that such a group can have "dramatic impact" (for good
or ill) but that's not the same thing as changing the architecture.

a bomb can have a dramatic impact on a building also.  but when a
building is bombed, we don't use the word "architecture" to refer
to the rubble.

Keith