On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 9:24 PM, bala chandar <balachandarli...@gmail.com>wrote:

>     I have few questions,
>             1.Is this idea good?

Code optimization is a great area to work on.

>             2.How should i start to develop this project?

Suggest the 'Dragon Book" for a good read.

I would suggest you to look the Python source code and look at the bytecode
and AST optimizations. It is a good and quick way to learn some nifty stuff.
Do peep into the Unladen source stream and see how they do things at
LVM/LLVM. And if Python interests you, then get onto #python (IRC Channel) -
there are some amazing guys hanging around there.

I started something similar earlier this year and was flabbergasted with the
amount of learning to do and innovation that could happen. Speaking with
some great folks in #python was in itself amazing, though i never did any
code commits; but the experience in itself was amazing.

Dont let the interest die down!

-V-
http://twitter.com/venkasub