Greetings,

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 12:34 PM, Baskar Selvaraj <bas...@linuxpert.in> wrote:

> Already we have discussed about the FOSS lab setup / FDP for faculty members
> in your college and if they are interested in conducting FDP, ask them to
> contact me offlist.

Nothing to offer,, really.

But it seems that the faculty in the remoter Colleges seems to like
having annual event. Hence they are asking their students every year
perhaps.

On the other side, some of them would like to show off their
discoveries such as webserver apache, moodle, koha etc. That is an
opportunity for us free software enthusiasts should cash in. and enter
the small business while we are at it. A live cd with some business
application such as small accounting, counter bill peinting
aaplication thrown in, can be distributed and demonstrated off the
campus in a small (preferably influential and popular) shop/business
and everybody wins.

Of course, then there is an opportuinity for ego-massaging of the
respective HOD, Pricipal, director etc. After all those while
elephants thrive on such inpout from Industry/Community.

OTOH, even if the request is a blatant offer to ego-massage. So be it.

What says the members?

Regards,

Rajagopal