Dear all,

I have been a silent observer of your group I have been using Ubuntu
6.10LTS from past one year... but due to some problem my laptop
crashed.

Now I am unable to install ubuntu in my laptop. I am having Acer Travel Mate
2003.
If some body in this community is residing near Janakpuri or Harinagar, I
would be really great full asking for his expert advice.

Thanks in Advance

Warm Regards

Noren Das.
UTI Bank Ltd.
Janakpuri.

On 7/18/07, Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> http://rahulsundaram.livejournal.com/11995.html
>
> "Smolt is the opt-in hardware profiler for Fedora and while the
> initial focus was on Fedora, Smolt is derived from RHN client tools
> and is based on HAL and has always been portable to other Linux
> distributions and possibly other operating systems which HAL has been
> ported to like FreeBSD or Solaris. The idea as Max Spevack has hinted
> before is to have a neutral central website to gather metrics on Linux
> usage. There are many other advantages. We could understand some
> patterns and gain insight into how Linux systems are being used and
> prioritize testing and focus development. We could talk to hardware
> vendors and gain more support. A shared and coordinated effort between
> Linux distributions and other operating systems would have enormous
> benefits for both developers and end users."
>
> Cheers,
> Debarshi
> --
> GPG key ID: 63D4A5A7