On Jan 15, 2009, at 7:28 AM, Dan wrote:

> hum.  This is now the 5th or 6th problem I've seen with StuffIt over
> the past month or so.  It offers no real functionality.  I'm thinking
> it's jumped the shark and should now be classified as evilware.  Get
> it off your machine.

The problem is that some manufacturers ("I'm looking at YOU Canon and
Xerox!") still insist on putting their drivers into .sit files. That
was why I had to install the thing on mine.

That said, Stuffit is like HP...you gotta ride herd very closely on
their installers or they'll stash stuff all over the damn place.
Always look at what's offered in a Custom Install to see if you can
only install the bits you need.

--
Bruce Johnson

"No matter where you go, there you are", B. Banzai