On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 3:35 PM, Bruce Johnson
<john...@pharmacy.arizona.edu> wrote:

> On Jan 26, 2009, at 2:06 PM, Bruce Johnson wrote:
>

>> "Click to Flash", a webkit (and safari-compatible) plugin to display
>> any flash content on a web page as a gradient. To play the flash
>> content, click on it.
>>
>> <http://code.google.com/p/clicktoflash/>
>>
>> A nicer way of controlling Flash in your browser...see the content,
>> but not the ads, for example...
>>
>> I haven't tried it yet...
>
> Installed it, a quick run-through seems to indicate it works ad
> advertised...

These aren't for Safari, but for those that use FireFox

FlashBlock and NoScript will do this for FireFox

NoScript actually allows selective execution (by URL) of all scripting
in pages so you can allow one flash on the page to run while blocking
other scripts, be they more flash or other scripts

AdBlock Plus does active prevention of ads even loading, minimizing
the bandwidth used. It is constantly updated with ad signatures so it
will catch most any embedded ad you encounter.

...of course if you use IE, have fun watching the uncontrolled
usurpation of your CPU by any and all ad agencies

--
I'm a PC(x86 AND ppc)
AND I RUN LINUX!!!