On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 12:37 PM, johnwd5 <john...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am in the middle of trying to put a new hard drive in when I've
> opened the base and even though I was careful the slim cable that
> seems to go into an IDE port on the logic board has come away.
>
> Obviously this is bad - is it repairable ? It seems to me that the
> cable going into the ide seems to prevent the opposite connector
> (looks like a solid "ide plastic piece" connecting flush in order to
> close.
>
> I installed the 40gb but as is typical with me I have a machine in
> semi-repair state.
>
> Can anyone advise ? I can't find too much in the way of this issue.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John Dunton
> Lewisburg, PA

"come away"??

if it pulled out of a socket, plug it back in

if you actually broke the motherboard, start shopping for another
machine, and cut down on the spinach and coffee

are you using the online manuals?

good luck

--
-- NOT sent from an iphone,blackberry,Nokia, or any handheld. --

I'm a PC(x86 AND ppc)
AND I RUN LINUX!!!
Linux is like ice cream. It comes in many flavors and everyone has
their favorite, but we all get the same smile regardless of which we
choose to scoop.
Adrienne E. Gusoff  - "I have often depended on the blindness of strangers."