I also had screws in the drive caddy that were just too big and
preventing the caddy settling in right. My local friend helped out
there too. I just installed 10.3 and will complete the rest today.

I'm loathe to take it apart again to fix the Airport antenna cable but
I know I won't be satisfied until I do !