I upgraded the hard drive to 500gb and the ram to 2mb approx 6 months
ago and everything was running fine since in Tiger.  I recently
upgraded the puter to Leopard and it worked fine for about a week and
then I left it for a few days running which I do a lot, and then when
I came back the screen was black.  I have rebooted, tried to boot off
system disc and zapped the pram to no avail.  I have since attached an
external flat monitor and that is working....

I guess this would summize that the screen is shot and not the battery
or the graphics board, or is there any other possibility that I am
missing?  Any suggestions on how I can either economically replace the
screen with a new or refurbished one and/or am I stuck with just using
an external screen?  Any thoughts or ideas are welcome.....

Regards,

Hugh