This thread has gone on far too long.
Simply set both machines to "leave mail on the server". Whether they
are pop or imap will not matter. Each machine will look like it is the
only machine accessing email.
Forget server settings etc.
I have done this for several years with my mac at work and home. Works
perfectly.

Sent from my eyeFone