I do have some massive cooling issues. It usually crashes about 2
hours into anything. (not that I use it for much, but it has crashed
when transferring files 8 times, to the point where I have to copy 1gb
at a time, and pray that it doesn't overheat)
Upon investigating the structural integrety of this device, and
deciding that the handle looks wayyy too shaky to use in daily use,
and the lower "support"\protector thingy that is under the handle (the
plastic thinger that has no apparant use except to keep your hands out
of the CRT) can be removed without any damage to the system (screws)
and a fan can be dropped in (at a lower position, with a fan guard,
allowing me to use the handle at a later date if intended.)
Would it be best to run it off the HDD's power jack, or would that be
data suicide? would a 120mm fan be big enough to be quiet, yet
functional?
thanks
-Christian