I just went onto the Apple discussions forums !!!!!!!!!!
There are HUNDREDS of complaints there about the screens on the 24-inch
Intel iMacs !!!

And some Apple suggestions.

And lots of photos of ugly burn-in !!

. Screenshots don't work because they come from the video card but people
are reporting ghost icons, faint windows, images of websites, horizontal &
vertical lines burned into the screen & all sorts of other burn-in sights.

I just turned down my Brightness and put a fan blowing up from under the
screen and the burn in went away !!!

I bought AppleCare & I still have AppleCare for another 8 months.