On Nov 21, 2009, at 12:29 PM, Jasiu wrote:

> I know that there is something that I need to download before
> attempting to install OS 10.3 on a slot loading G3 Imac.  But I don't
> have the link, can anyone help?  Thanks

You need to check that your iMac has the latest firmware update, which IIRC is
4.19f1 or something like that. Take your iMac online and run Software Update in
the Control Panels folder. If your iMac needs the firmware update, it will
download it. Simply follow the instructions. You need to do this while booted
into OS 9, and before you attempt to install OS X. Why? The firmware update
prepares your iMac to handle the graphics demands of OS X. If you don't do it,
you could wind up with an iMac in a coma. (Been there, done that.)_

Jim Scott