This 1.25 eMac has been through Apple's refurbish program so I imagine all those issues were taken care of. It does boot from an external drive which is how I'm doing this now. At one time, the original internal HD has worked, and then it quits. Could it be the hard drive going bad? Yet it checks out okay.

TIA

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt  & Tracey Evans <mattev...@fsmail.net>
To: imaclist@googlegroups.com
Sent: Sat, Jan 9, 2010 2:22 pm
Subject: RE: emac with kernel panic?

The 1.25 eMacs were known to have bad capacitors on the Logic board. I had the self same problem with mine and ended cannibalising it for parts and spares for my other eMacs.Short of replacing the logic board or the capacitors (you really dont want to try either. I have and its a nightmare), the machine sounds to me like a dead one.Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.Matt======================================== Message Received: Jan 09 2010, 06:16 PM From: bhealthyag...@aol.com To: imaclist@googlegroups.com Cc: Subject: emac with kernel panic? I have a 1.25 eMac was booting up nice with OSX 5.8 with 256 MGs of Ram, 80GB HD. I had a 512 stick in it to be able to go from 10.4 to 10.5. Now I get a screen that says at the top "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power Button for several seconds or press the restart button". Which I've done several times. I pulled the HD out and hooked it up to another machine, to check to see if there were issues with the HD that needed to be repaired. That didn't do it either. I've had this problem before, and can't remember what I did, or didn't do, to fix it. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.  TIA Garth [ (no name for attachment) (0.5 Kb) ]

-