Agreed. The system folder still stores files and extensions necessary for the
proper running of those applications... I've seen it repair many an extension
not part of the system itself.
Besides, there are probably some system extensions that the app is using that
have the wrong permissions; this could cause loading of certain files to hang.

        -Elliott Price

Quoit - Macintosh Computer Services
hobbittech.com/quoit