At 12:57 AM -0700 6/27/2010, lrbarrios wrote:
iMac G3 (Graphite), 600MHz, running 10.4.11

I just upgraded to the new iTunes 9.2 and now when I try to launch it,
it says something to the effect "iTunes requires a G4, G5, or Intel
processor" and that's as far as I can get.

Yea. iTunes officially dropped G3 support with the release of 9. While some versions of 9 prior to 9.2 were still able to run on a G3, I think that was more of a compilation oversight than anything else. iTunes 8.2.1 is the official final release that supports G3 processors.

Can I get past this without downgrading to the previous version?

No.

If not, how can I download the previous version?  Version 9.1.1 worked.

I doubt restoring just the file iTunes.app from your backup will work as Apple likes to spew shared frameworks around etc. So the best option is to restore your whole system, sans /Users, from your backup.

Or, if you failed to make a backup:

Make a full backup!

Then fully de-install iTunes.
<http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1224>

Next, recall that GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND.
<http://lmgtfy.com/?q=itunes+9.1.1+download>

The third link on that page takes you to iTunes 9.1.1.
<http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1036>

To re-create your iTunes library and playlists:
<http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1451>

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.