Isaac Smith wrote:

3: will a non-Apple branded DVD drive be able to be used to boot a Leopard disk?

Yes, any brand should be fine for reading optical discs. However if you are using 10.1 through 10.4 you may have issues burning discs with iLife apps such as iDVD, possibly others. Apparently this became a non-issue with 10.5.

<http://www.patchburn.de/>

>  How do I eject the cd tray through OSx without a keyboard? I don't have a
Mac keyboard yet and so I don't have the eject key.

Hold down the left-click button (or just the button) on your mouse and the CD
will eject.

Holding down the left mouse button after the boot-up chime will eject the optical disc. To eject without rebooting hold down the F12 key for a second or two.

Tina

--

iMac 20" USB 2, PPC 7455 @ 1.25 GHz, 2 GB PC 2700 RAM, GeForce FX 5200
Ultra 64 MB DDR VRAM