To me, part of this is emotional.  I loved my bondi-blue 233 rev B
Imac, and only "upgraded" after Alladin's Spring Cleaning program
wiped out part of my hard drive. Since the hard drive was so small, I
upgraded to the last of the Motorola chip Imac's - which broke down
under AppleCare before the 3 year term was up.  It was then replaced
under AppleCare for an Intel-chip IMac, which I am currently using. My
original beloved bondi baby had 128K of ram added when I purchased it
new from MacZones, which made it run really well for everything I did
with it.  It did run games that were not supposed to run on it, such
as Bushfire, and I played Jazz Jackrabbit a lot, plus several other
games.

My bondi baby did break down between years 3 and 4, and was fixed
under the extended warranty that I purchased from MacZones - I have
complained to Apple often that they should offer a long extended
warranty, when I buy a new computer I want a relationship - where I
know I will not have to buy another new computer for quite a while. I
did have my screen set to do black after a few minutes, saving wear on
the screen, and always had it hooked up to a good APC back-up UPS.

I love these old babies - I still have a "imac" alarm clock from the
day, and an original IMac "yum" poster on the wall -

Dennis
San Diego area