I am gathering that you don't have any other equipment to connect to the iMac. If you had an internal or external DVD drive you could boot w the installer disc by holding down the c key until the disc boots or the option key until you can select the disc as startup. If you can't open your disc tray try booting into open firmware. While powering on the mac hold down option o and f keys until you see a text prompt to release. The. Type eject cd. Your tray should open. Now insert your install cd and type reset all and hold down the c key again. I hope some of this helps.

DON'T PANIC!
Sent from my Electronic Thumb