Well, this is getting weird. I was looking at the jumpers on the bad
HDD and I found a jumper that made the drive show up as a 32 GB drive
(there is a diagram on the drive). So, I pulled it out and now it's
showing up as a 80 GB drive! So, I installed it back into the iMac and
I put my iBook running 10.2 in target disk mode and I got the iMac to
boot onto the iBook's HDD! It is working fine like this (I'm typing
this out using the iMac!). I still don't know why it doesn't want to
boot onto a CD though (I checked the disk drive and it was able to
import music to iTunes).