Yeah, I'd almost buy brand new just to get the box haha

On 26/08/10 5:54 PM, Tina K. wrote:

Bill Chapman wrote:
Okay... I thought you meant that you were screwed at the time you bought it. Re Intel, you can't blame Apple for moving their technology ahead, just as they moved to OSX from previous versions.

Personally I'm able to use CS4 suite (except for PPro and Ae) on my PPC macs. I've always been 'behind the curve' due mainly to budget restrictions, so legacy Macs are fine with me, especially since every Mac I purchased was second hand.

I don't blame Apple a bit for going to the x86 platform, their hand was forced by a lack of suitable G5s for notebooks. But I do think they were too quick to pull the plug on supporting PPC, Tiger, and so forth. On the Windows side developers are still supporting XP which is about nine years old now, but in Apple land four years seems to be the lifespan of an OS.

I have budget restrictions too, I usually purchase 'new' Macs that have just been discontinued or sometimes refurbs. Someday I'd like to buy just one Mac on the day it was released but that day doesn't seem to be on the horizon yet.

Tina