An iMac can be headless. When my bondi blue's CRT died, I used it as an external drive for a while before attaching an external monitor.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 11, 2010, at 12:44 PM, gifutiger <gifuti...@gmail.com> wrote:

Greetings,

Sorry, an iMac can not be headless.

However "Headless" is a term used for a "Tower" or "Desktop" types of
Macs' that do not have a monitor or keyboard attached.

Once setup, i.e. like a server the monitor and keyboard can be
removed. Then it can be administered remotely.
Therefore if there is a power failure, or any reason for the platform
to reboot, it will not boot into a USB drive, it will only boot into
an internal disk, a SCSI (internal or external,) or firewire drive.

Cheers,

Harry
San Jose, Ca.