Like I said in an earlier post, I have 12 Macs and really use only 4 nowadays... invaluable as ready-to-go backups in my design business, in case of disaster, which happened 6-7 months ago when my Quicksilver Tiger hard drive suddenly died an untimely death (it had been clicking for a few weeks; now I know that's a sign that disaster is imminent), smack in the middle of a time-sensitive 42-page site build. No problem, I back up my design work daily to an external HD, and also immediately switched to my G4 Powerbook, which had Dreamweaver CS4 (and other CS4 stuff) and up-to-date site files ready to go. The same day I went out and bought the G5 Dual 2Gb Tower ($499.00CDN) at an Apple dealer, and a few weeks later replaced the G4 HD. So I have 3 OSX Macs capable of completing any given design commission in a timely manner.
--
You received this message because you are a member of the iMac Group, a group for those using Apple iMacs and eMacs. The list FAQ is at http://lowendmac.com/imac/list.shtml and our netiquette guide is at http://www.lowendmac.com/lists/netiquette.shtml