I really hate the look of iTunes 10, but there isn't really a new UI, just
those odd vertical buttons and lack of color on the icons. I have a feeling
that the vertical buttons will be a lot like the tab bar in the Safari 4 beta.
Apple will try to justify it and back it for a short time, but within a few
months they will realize how bad they are and bring back the standard
horizontal buttons. The colored icons will probably be like the loading bar,
eventually returning but maybe not until the next major version, because while
many people miss them, a majority of people won't notice or care.

The last time Apple released a new design that was largely criticized, the
features that were removed eventually made it back, and I think that's how it
will be with iTunes 10. Until then, there are plenty of ways to get around
Apple's mistake.

Steven