Bruce,

As a Systems Engineer, I kinda have to call things by their name,
dodads or thingamy wont cut it in the industry lol!

And yes, something much like TCPView, though now there is an all
encompassing (almost 'all') application, called Performance monitor in
windows 7.

My colleague seems to think that now my main computer is a mac, I
should know it inside out in 2 months. Not a chance.