On Oct 19, 2010, at 10:32 AM, Malcolm O'Brien wrote:

> Joe and Jack, thanks for the tips. But really, my *best* course of action
> would be to re-install Panther and *SELL* my copy of Leopard!

I'd disagree entirely. Leopard is a major upgrade over Panther, and iPhoto has
also been steadily improved over the years; even iPhoto 8 will run on your
hardware without issue...I ran it on my 1GHz Titanium Powerbook quite happily.
There's vastly imnproved photo tools in it over the ancient version you had
under Panther.

Upgrading iPhoto, and sticking with leopard will get you a much better system.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona