Hello, I have an iMac G4 800 that I just recently received, and the previous
owner said that it won't detect any internal drives. I thought that it was a
bad logic board at first, but successfully booting off of my G4 sawtooth in
TDM mode proved me wrong. Currently, I have the machine running off of an
external maxtor 300GB One Touch hard drive through firewire with Mac OS X
Leopard carbon copy cloned into it from my G4 sawtooth. The machine runs
fine, I just need to know that if there is any way to solve this problem
before I dismiss it as "case closed". I tried different drives, different
IDE cables, and different dvd drives. nothing. Whenever I have any internal
drives plugged in, the machine automatically shuts off when entering TDM
mode, it takes an extra 10 seconds to show up the question mark-folder icon,
and whenever i tried booting off of an internal drive, the Apple logo popped
up, and then the grey wheel, but after 3-10 minutes, it stops and freezes.
No multi-language message telling me to restart, or an Kps. Just a freeze.
Now when I removed the internal drives and started off of my firewire drive,
everything went well. Is there anything going on here? My iMac seems to hate
internal drives, but whenever I remove the internal drives and startup from
the external, the system acts normally.