Normally, when you think of something, it is based on thoughts of the past.
things that are going on, and things around you. Many weeks ago, I was
taking a night ride around my neighborhood as excersize, and I found this
old lexmark printer, which happened to be a lexmark x85, and it had a sticky
note on it that said: "ink cartridge leaks too much." So i decided to take
it in to see if i could fix it and make a buck or two, or keep it and have
it just for fun. well, one day I decided to demolish it, and i purposely
decided to take out the glass before anything, because I make fancy glass
stands for my monitors that I have, some now being over 7 years old and
still are pristine! I happened to come across the thought of screen
protection, and put this glass on many monitors that I had. Strangely, this
glass piece I found happened to be exactly the size i needed to protect my
LCD monitor on my iMac G4. I took 2 pieces of mounting tape, cut then into
4, put them on the sides of the monitor. I cleaned the LCD surface and then
the glass, an put on the glass. Now my LCD screen is protected from
scratches, cracks, and anything you throw at it (ALMOST EVERYTHING!). so now
if I were to throw a stapler at it, it wouldn't crack or even nudge a bit.
The only downside to this, is that it makes the monitor that sits on the arm
a little heavy, so I can only have it in 2 positions: all the way up or all
the way down. If the glass cracks or breaks I can always replace it. A nice
way to reuse and protect! For those of you who have iMac G4 computers or
computers with LCD screens, you should seriously consider this as an option.
it works for me, and it made my screen glossy and shiny! for those of you
who don't like glossy screens, I am not sure what any alternatives can be
becuase plastic is too weak unless it gets really thick.

To go to my website, go to: www.midnightimods.weebly.com