When I ran my iMac G5 ran at the "automatic" option, it felt like I was
running a crawling 1.5Ghz G4. Now that I turned on the "Best" option, I
don't care if it makes too much noise, as long as it isn't too loud, and to
make sure it doesn't overheat. I don't want that capacitor problem with my
Rev A iMac G5. With this option i set it to, It feels as if leopard has
started to run as fast as snow leopard does. There should be an option for
iMac G4 computers to change their clock speed, because i have one iMac G4
800 that has no internal HDD or DVD drive because the IDE bus FAILED. I boot
off of a firewire drive, and it works fine. If i can overclock this to
1.1GHz, they say that the machine will produce too much heat that it might
set on fire, and if i overclock it to 1Ghz it will be a little warm. I am
planning on overclocking it to 1.15GHz, because without the HDD and DVD
drive in there, I have room for a bunch of fans! Maybe even a small
water-cooled system.

If it works out, I might overclock it to 1.2Ghz, but that might produce so
much heat that only a water-cooled system will work with it. I can overclock
my 1.25Ghz iMac G4 to 1.67Ghz, but I need a giant fan (or 2) on the logic
board, and i will need to take out the HDD and CD drive. I wonder how you
overclock a flower pot...