The PowerPC 970-970fx CPU is inefficient COMPARED to today's processors, but
this processor even today provides effective computing power. Don't forget,
this processor has different instruction sets and architecture code than the
intel processors, so different things may result in different reactions.
Maybe it's just the G5 working overtime to beat today's intel processors.
The iMac G5 will always be the fastest, to me. The PowerPC 970-970fx
processors, although despite their heat, are still by far my most favorite
processors of all time.