On Nov 1, 2010, at 3:20 AM, Sven Aluoor wrote:

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 10:03 PM, Tina K. <penguir...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 2010/10/31 14:59, Joshua Juran so eloquently wrote:
Not everybody uses GMail, and not every GMail user uses the Web
interface.  I use GMail through an IMAP client.

Seconded. Some people love gmail's web interface, I find it, and every web
email interface I've tried, horrific.

There's a reason mobile apps are so popular versus the equivalent Web apps: Given the limited bandwidth, processing power, and interface expressiveness, the inefficiency of Web apps that desktop users are able to afford becomes too expensive, and using the phone becomes annoying. But if native apps are so much better on the phone, why not use them on the desktop too?

Additionally an POP/IMAP client is more privacy friendly and has no ads.

It wouldn't even have occurred to me to cite lack of ads as a feature; it's something I take for granted.

Other advantages of native mail clients are offline reading and composing, and not requiring a Web browser.

Josh