Jonathan,

I have an 1.25Ghz iMac with 2 gigs of PC3200 RAM, but it does not make
it any quicker watching Youtube --the G4 processor is the bottleneck
in this case. You can try the mobile version of Youtube with html5
videos, it'll be very usable, but I don't think it includes all
Youtube content.

The easiest way to upgrade the HDD is just using an external Firewire
drive. I have done it for years with very good results. As for USB
2.0, your model does not support it and the USB hub is not
upgradeable.

As for a browser, I highly recommend TenFourFox, a Mozilla offshoot
optimized for G4 processors.

Emacs are rock solid, underrated machines. I hope you enjoy yours as
much and as long as I have enjoyed mine.

Best,

Felix