Dave,
I would delete the user accounts on the iMacs and take them back to
Apple Setup Assistant - this leaves the installed software and OS
intact and allows you to create a new admin account.

Here is how.

Boot into single user mode by restarting your Mac and holding down
Apple>S at the same time until you see the black screen with white
text.

Now type in the following commands at the root prompt (mind the spaces
between characters!):

/sbin/mount -uw /
rm -R /var/db/netinfo
rm -R /var/db/dhcpclient
rm -R /var/db/samba
rm -R /var/db/.AppleSetupDone

NOW, you will need to see the names of the user accounts that exist on
the drive so type this:

cd Users

THEN type:

ls

YOU will see a list of account names, plus one called shared.

NOW type the following commands:

rm -R /Users/name of user account

Of course substitute the name of user account for the short name you
saw in the list.
Repeat that last line for each user account on the Mac.

Now type:

shutdown -h now

and this will shut down the Mac.  When you turn it back on it will be
like you first turned it on out of the box and you will be able to
configure Panther as the administrator of the system.

Jason