IIRC, only iPhoto, iMovie, & Garageband were updated in iL11; iWeb &
iDVD were carried over from the previous version(s). Apparently, both
of the latter are being discontinued by Apple. So, just install the
former 3 from iL11 and continue to use iDVD from iL10.

It will be interesting to see what iL12 contains when it is released
on the Mac App Store. It looks like Apple will no longer be releasing
software on DVDs any more. "1 Store to Rule them All"?

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 9:10 AM, Bruce Johnson
<john...@pharmacy.arizona.edu> wrote:
> Noticed that our University licensed software finally had iLife 2011,
> downloaded and went to install it, but it won't let me install iDVD...my Mac
> is a 2010 i7 27" with the DVD-r,rw+r,rw, dl drive, it certainly can burn dvds
> (ironically, I"m installing from a dvd burned from the .dmg file I
> downloaded...)
>
> Anyone else run into this?
>
> --
> Bruce Johnson
> University of Arizona
> College of Pharmacy
> Information Technology Group
>
> Institutions do not have opinions, merely customs

Sincerely,
Dennis

Sent via my GMail webmail