Thanks Bruce.  I've tried holding down the 'C' key, but that doesn't work on
this particular Mac.  Seems to work on every other Mac I own, just not this
one...  Any other ideas to get the 10.3 CD to boot?

And for a "rough" equivalent, sounds like Boot ROM is similar to a PC's Master
Boot Record.  ROM Version would be the BIOS.  Mac OS ROM file would be "other"
low level routines.  Am I close?