On 02/02/2012, at 9:49 AM, kelly logsdon wrote:

I looked at the link you sent, but it says there are two slots in the bottom of
my computer, where would those be? I have nothing but a vent grid at the bottom
of the monitor. What do the slots look like? Thank you again for all of your
help and kindness. -Kelly

If you always do, what you have always done, you don't get to complain about
the results you always get. Change is the 'wings' you give yourself.

G'day Kelly.

1. The memory slots are at the centre bottom of the iMac, behind what looks
like a ventilation grid. You have to remove the Phillips head screws to remove
the cover.  Buy and insert a 2 GB module, along with one of your existing 512
MB modules. Try watching this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD2yMTzh3gk&feature=player_embedded#!

2. I would backup your existing system before upgrading to Snow Leopard.
Occasionally upgrades fail, and you'll lose everything because the only way to
recover is to reformat the hard drive and do a clean install. Go straight to
Snow Leopard, not Leopard. Purchase Snow Leopard in boxed format from the
previous link I sent.

3. Once Snow Leopard is installed, you might want to update to Lion. I find
Lion very nice to use, but still with a few bugs. Update 10.7.3 when it comes
out should nail down most of the remaining small bugs. Lion is upgraded to over
the internet from apple.

http://www.apple.com/support/lion/installrecovery/

When you install Snow Leopard and update it to 10.6.8, an App Store is
installed in your Dock. This is used to purchase and update to Lion via the
internet. You really need a fairly fast internet link for this, as it's about a
1 GB download.

Regards

Santa