On Mar 19, 2012, at 2:32 AM, Anders Fager / Gottick wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I might be the least google capable person on the planet, but I'm stuck here.
> Where can I find out what kid of DVDs a MATSHITADVD-R   UJ-825-drive can
> handle? Can it work dual layer DVDs? "+" or "-" ones? Somebody, help.

It appears that it does not write dual layer dvd's but does handle DVD+/- R/RW
disks.

>From someones system profiler info on Apple's discussion boards:
><https://discussions.apple.com/thread/547865?start=0&tstart=0>

MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-825:

Firmware Revision: DAM5
Interconnect: ATAPI
Burn Support: Yes (Apple Shipped/Supported)
Cache: 2048 KB
Reads DVD: Yes
CD-Write: -R, -RW
DVD-Write: -R, -RW, +R, +RW
Burn Underrun Protection CD: Yes
Burn Underrun Protection DVD: Yes
Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, DVD-DAO
Media: No

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona