Thankyou all for responding! Yes the USB ports for the FireWire are 400 on the
ibookG4 and 800 on the macbook pro. The Ethernet migration assistant didn't see
each other and wireless didn't see each other. I ordered a FireWire cable from
amazon with the 400 & 800 ends so hopefully that will work. I will try to
upgrade further, i didnt know it was a possibility. I was mistaken in getting
the Toshiba formatted by the MBPro, I told my husband I needed this formatted
not by the G4 and he could not format it by the MBpro so he formatted it by
desk top iMac 10.5.8 with 2.66 GHz intel core duo as MacOS extended
(journaled) GUID partition table.  MacBook pro can't see it. Hopefully can
transfer via new cables but would like to use this external drive with the
MBpro. I still don't know much but am tons more savvy reading this board!

-M-