I fully agree on this. Latest and Greatest on a mismatched machine is "
bloatest and slowest". Too much going on which you may not be able to turn
off. Some code hacker might offer a disentangled version but then the Apple
police would come and get you both. They don't want the FBI or you to mess
with their code.

Same goes for the PC running. OK to run Windoze on Macs but verboten to run
Mac OS on a PC even if the motherboards were both made by ASUS. Windoze
users who buy Macs might have money to buy more Apple.  PC users who want
to run Mac OS are Broke-Broke and Apple Execs are "Glamorous" and like
Fergie songs.

Eric, if you already have what you need and it is not a question of
economics but of utilizing  your resources I am all for it. Especially if
the machine already has the FW800 port.

Adrian D'Alessio aka; Fluxstringer
fluxstrin...@gmail.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fluxstreamcommunication/
http://www.facebook.com/FluxStringer
https://www.youtube.com/user/fluxstringer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/fluxstreamcommunications

On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 7:02 AM, GMail Valter Psicof <valter.psi...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Il giorno 06/05/16 09.40, "Eric B. Volker" ha scritto:
>
> > I do have 4GB. Swapping one of my 2GB SODIMMS for a 4GB to hit 6GB would
> cost
> > $80 - $100. That¹s too much to spend for an extra 2GB
> I have 4 GB too.
> I think that's adequate for most uses (I even run all Adobe CS3 apps
> together, and still have some memory free).
>
> > I¹m running El Capitan. I¹m very diligent about running the latest OS and
> > security patches. I don¹t want to be a victim.
> As long as your OS is still supported and updated (10.9 Maverick still is),
> you're on the safe side. Besides, running an old OS is often even safer,
> since most hacks are written for recent OS versions.
>
> IMO, always running the latest OS version "just because Apple said so" is
> silly.
> Newer OS versions often bring slow down, new glitches, software
> incompatibilities, worse user-interface, and so on. Unless there's a real
> need, I stay with the OS that works best.
> "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" ;-)
>
> > I don¹t
> > use my Mac professionally, but I do use it for some gaming.
> For gaming, I'm afraid that an SSD wouldn't offer you much value.
> On average, gaming benefits - in descending order - from:
> - GPU speed
> - CPU speed
> - Ram available
> - And, in some kind of games, from mass storage speed (but not that much).
>
> With a Radeon 2600 HD Pro GPU 256 MB (I think), I'm afraid your iMac cannot
> be helped much for gaming - unless you're talking about relatively old
> games.

> ---
> "iMac Group" group.
> email to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iMac
Group" group.
to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.