Ioq3 from GIT doesn't parse the Urban Terror 4.2 .qvm files. I thought
they'd broken compatibility. But they claim those were tested with vanilla Q3,
so I suppose this needs some looking into:

http://www.urbanterror.info/forums/topic/31094-source-code-for-other-systems/

I can use their branch of ioq3, but at a glance it looks pretty dated
to me. E.g. the OpenGL2 renderer seems to be missing and the freebsd
section of the Makefile …

Regards