On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Keith Moore wrote:
> Benny Amorsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > One thing that has not been mentioned so far in the discussion is that
> > NAT is empowering many users. It allows them to share connectivity,
> > working around draconian policies imposed on them by outside entities
> > such as ISP's. With NAT, any single address can now give access to a
> > whole network, and it can even happen recursively. No need to ask anyone
> > for extra addresses, no need to play with routing tables or proxy arp...
[...]
> but I strongly agree that autoconfiguration of routers (including the
> ability of a router to ask its upstream routers for a /64 prefix) is
> a significant missing piece for IPv6.

.. IMHO, that may be too "technological" way to solve the problem (of
course, we still need it, but I'm arguing that we may very well need
something else too!).  Very likely this calls for the limited form of
Bridge-like ND-proxies, or something.  That's how you can extend your
network like magic (provided the ISP gives you at least /64), without
having to configure anything.