below...

Andrew White wrote:

> As the originator of section 4.8, I'll speak to this one...
>
> Fred Templin wrote:
> >
> > > 4.8 I'm afraid I couldn't understand this scenario at all.  When the
> > > two sites connect, do they essentially merge into a single,
> > > multi-homed site?
> >
> > I believe the answer to this is yes, and I believe Brian Haberman
> > also expressed concerns about such scenarios since they touch on
> > site multi-homing. (My answer to Brian is that we are not trying
> > to re-create RFC 3582 in this document.) What you would suggest
> > in terms of this block of text?
>
> I don't think it's possible to completely divorce local addressing from
> multi-homing, unless we want to go down the NAT path (any takers?  No, I
> thought not).

Agreed. It would be rather tragic to define a new form of address to meet
the requirements in this draft, and another very similar new form of address
to meet multihoming requirements. It should be a goal to avoid this, and it
needs to be a shared goal of the ipv6 and multi6 WGs.

So I don't think it's possible to eliminate mention of multihoming from
this draft, but it should be mentioned mainly for this reason.

    Brian C