% > is currently impossible to resolve DNS names over IPv6 transport,
% > because the roots don't support IPv6 transport, none of the
% > major gTLDs supports IPv6 transport and very few, if any, TLDs
% > support IPv6 glue records for delegated domains.
%
% Apparently there is work being done on this, but it is not very public.
% We have www.rs.net providing this for some time, but unfortunatly
% it has some issues: it doesn't allow 'access' to non-IPv6 capable
% domains and there isn't a european part of that deployment; yet, I understood.

        last I checked, sweden was nearly european... :)
        and rs.net has full access to IPv4 only domains as
        well.
        w/in the rs.net testbed all the roots are native IPv6 enabled
        and there are ~12 TLDs w/ fully IPv6 native servers.
        all of those TLDs support IPv6 registration for domains.

        its not quite as bad as you portray, in the testbed.

--bill