Hi Pete,
     The deprecation document only applies to site-local unicast
addresses.  I pointed out in SF that we still have to deal with the
scoped multicast addresses.  That is one of the goals of the modified
Scoped Addressing Architecture document.

     There has been some discussion on the ipv6 list and several of the
multicast lists about the behavior that is needed with regards to
multicast forwarding/routing.  Hopefully, all of those issues have or
will be addressed in the scoped addr architecture doc.

Brian

Barany, Pete wrote:

Hi,

Question: How does the deprecation of site-local unicast addresses (as
defined in RFC 3513 Section 2.5.6) impact/affect site-local multicast
addresses (as defined in RFC 3513 Section 2.7)? For example, setting the
4-bit "scop" field to a value = 5 limits the scope of a multicast group
to "site-local scope". One usage defined by DHCPv6 is for a Relay Agent
to send a RELAY-FORW message to All_DHCP_Servers site-local scope
multicast address (FF05::1:3) if it is not pre-configured with the IPv6
address(es) of DHCPv6 server(s).

Regards,

Pete