> I think this scenario is useful for IPv6 small-devices, so I
 > don't quite agree
 > with you all.
 >
 > I feel that we are undoing a lot of things and we will end
 > up with no
 > autoconfiguration features at all. This might be a good thing
 > for sysadmins, though.

=> I don't think we're undoing any autoconfig here. This is
a clarification to avoid other problems without eliminating
autoconfig.

 > If I understand the onlinkassumption draft well, the main drawback
 > of sending packets on-link is that some malicious party would
 > be able to grab those packets.

=> IMHO, that was not the main issue. I saw bigger
issues in that draft. I thought the biggest two were:

- impacts on address selection (section 3.1)
- Address resolution delays (section 3.2)

Hesham