On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 10:47:33AM -0800, Alain Durand wrote:

> 1) This is not the IETF job to mandate what an implemention choose
>    to support or not.

But, for example, isn't that what the node requirements draft does?  Ok it
does not "mandate" but it uses wordage like "all IPv6 nodes can be
expected to implement the mandatory requirements listed in this document".

> 3) What does section 4 exactly means with regard to default address
> selection RFC3484?
>    Does this obsolete the rules about scope?

Good point.  I assume RFC3484 will need a touch-up or clarification once
this deprecation document goes past last call.

Tim