Alain,

I think it is well worth writing such a draft. It might move this debate
forward. However, I'll point out one advantage of Hinden/Haberman
that it cannot match - the locally-assigned version of Hinden/Haberman
is instantly available when IANA assigns a prefix, without a one to two
year delay to put registry policy and mechanisms in place.

   Brian