From: Suresh Satapati [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 8:37 PM
To: Niels Möller
Cc: sasson, shuki; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Implementing DNS client for support IPv6/IPv4

> for A records. If you only want IPv6 addresses, you may want to send
> requests for both A and AAAA addresses anyway, and convert any
> received A records into "IPv4-mapped IPv6"-addresses to be returned to
> the application.

I would say, just send AAAA request if you only want IPv6 address.
Do not convert A records into "IPv4-mapped IPv6"-addresses, as mentioned
above.

There are problems w/ using mapped addresses. Refer to:
http://community.roxen.com/developers/idocs/drafts/draft-itojun-v6ops-v4mapp
ed-harmful-02.html

--
Suresh